Twitter cards make it possible for you to attach media experiences to Tweets that link to your content. Simply add a few lines of HTML to your webpages, and users who Tweet links to your content will have a “card” added to the Tweet that’s visible to all of their followers.
Three simple steps
- Review the documentation for the type of card you want to implement.
- Add the pertinent meta tags to your page.
- Run your URLs agains the validator tool to be approved.
Please note that auto-approval for Card types is not currently available for the Player Card, App Card, or Product Card at this time.
A “summary” Twitter Card on twitter.com with content attribution.
There are 6 card types that can be attached to Tweets, each of which has a beautiful consumption experience built for Twitter’s web and mobile clients:
- Summary Card: Default card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Photo Card: A Tweet sized photo card.
- Gallery Card: A Tweet card geared toward highlighting a collection of photos.
- App Card: A Tweet card for providing a profile of an application.
- Player Card: A Tweet sized video/audio/media player card.
- Product Card: A Tweet card to better represent product content.